Tuesday 22 March 2016

OUGD503 Individual Practice, Brompton Bikes - Video & Production (Studio Brief One)

As the concept for my project was the fact that you don't have to pedal as much in Leeds due to hills, I had to somehow incorporate this into my video. I decided the best way to do this would be to film the stop motion with the camera on a slant. These are the stills that I took from the first video attempt. I knew that stop motion was incredibly time consuming, however I didn't expect it to take me that long to film it. It took me at least an hour to take around 60 stills, just because I had to keep moving the bike and making sure the bike hadn't jumped too far/ not moved enough. The main problem with this particular video is the fact that it is so dark, which I didn't realise until after filming as I was doing my test shots at the starting place of the stop motion and not the end - it gets darker and darker as the stills go on - I'm just hoping I will be able to fix this in Photoshop without losing too much detail.


This is the video of all the stills together, edited and put together using Photoshop. I think the editing to the video has definitely helped with the dark images, however I will probably film it again, just to make it the best it can possibly be. 



These are the photos I took from the second idea. It still follows the same concept, however instead of using just paper, I used my hand and filmed myself moving the bike along the set. This was actually a lot more easy to do, as the bike wheels do spin on their own. Again, the stills are a little dark - although not quite as dark, but hopefully I will be able to edit this out when I come to make the video.


This is the stop motion video created as a second attempt. I don't think it's very successful as my hand moves around far too much, although the colours are definitely better. I am going to re-film the original attempt and hopefully fix the colours by playing with the camera settings some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment