Sunday 26 April 2015

OUGD406 Interim Crit (Studio Brief Four)

In the interim crit, people generally really liked my idea and thought it was relevant for them and the brief. They liked the simplistic layout that I had created and the humour involved.

The main thing that was negative about my design was that a tutor said that it wasn't aimed specifically at graphic design students, and apparently this was part of the brief. However, I read through the brief and the only mention about graphic design students specifically was:

'What might you say, do or give to next years graphic design students to make the transition into the student experience, particularly this course more welcoming?'

However, personally I think I have covered this in a better way than aiming my book specifically at graphic design students as ALL students can relate to it, including graphic design students.

Simon also questioned what the aim of the book that I had created was. The aim of the book was to advise to be more light-hearted and open to new people, as you can't change the flatmates you are given and you only have to put up with them for a year. The aim was to take things on the chin really.

No comments:

Post a Comment