How to take advantage of informal feedback?
- Ask a lot of questions instead of expecting people to just give you general feedback.
- Follow up the answer to the question with another question - Why?
- Apply the feedback to your design and then compare it to your original design.
- Record discussions - whether this is on Facebook or in general conversation.
- Identify trends in the feedback you receive - if more than one piece of feedback is the same, then you should experiment with this.
- Contrast the feedback with your own opinions - if your design makes sense, make sure justify your reasoning.
- Make sure you blog about your feedback and reflect upon it with your own opinions.
- Consider the person giving you feedback & if they fit the target audience.
How to take advantage of formal feedback?
- Consider how you could improve on your next module by highlighting your feedback from your previous module.
- Analyse the learning outcomes and see where you unsuccessful/successful.
- If you don't understand something written by the tutor, book tutorial for further feedback. Make notes in this tutorial.
- Consider if being more adventurous within your design/production and if this and analysing this would be helpful.