Tuesday 24 November 2015

OUGD503 Individual Practice, Leeds Christmas Print Fair - Development (Studio Brief One)

These are the shapes that I created using Illustrator. I think they're really successful as they do get across my preferred style of graphic design - minimal. They were actually a lot harder to create than I originally anticipated, as the measurements of each was really difficult to get right. I think that each is really successful in black and white, however I am excited to see them in full colour.



As the print fair is a PRINT fair, I don't want to just digitally print these. I am going to screen print them using lots of different colours. This is a method I have seen used before and makes each print very different - you use a spoon of ink to add blobs onto the screen, and then pull through the background colour. It adds really interesting patterns and shapes, which I think will make all of my designs pop. The only problem I really have now is which prints to use, as I am only allowed to use at a maximum four, and I have five. For this reason, I am going to ask some people which they think are the most successful when I am next in a responsive session. 

No comments:

Post a Comment