Friday 1 April 2016

OUGD505 Product Range Distribution - Timorous Beasties (Studio Brief Two)




Timorous Beasties was established in Glasgow in 1990 by Alistair McAuley and Paul Simmons, who met studying textile design at Glasgow School of Art. Today, the studio is a diverse operation and has emerged as a multi-award-winning, internationally acclaimed icon.

This is a wallpaper design that Danny showed me in my tutorial, and it's very interesting as it is a pattern of bees, however it has refrained from the obvious way that bees are portrayed. Especially as it's a pattern, it was expected that the pattern would be hexagons, however it isn't it's beautifully, intricate illustrations of bees. It's also really interesting as it doesn't use the colours yellow or black, but uses burgundy and brown - this is very different to anything I have seen online, and will definitely be inspiring when I come to create my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment