Tuesday 5 April 2016

OUGD505 Product Range Distribution - Development, Rough Logo Sketches (Studio Brief Two)

As I have now settled on a concept and target audience, I think to start my project it will be helpful to design a logo. I have started this process by quickly sketching a few rough ideas. The first image is based on a hexagon and watermelon. I had this logo idea a while ago, however I am very aware of the fact that I am refraining from the use of hexagons. The logo design doesn't look very slick, and it wouldn't work on smaller scales due to the detail in the fruit. 


Next I thought it might be useful to get some sketches of bees drawn. It's actually a lot more difficult to draw a bee than I originally thought. The bees look far too similar to the Manchester bee, and pretty much any logo design that involves a bee, so for this reason, I think it will be good for my project to steer clear of using a bee in this particular position.


I then thought it could be interesting to draw a detailed wing of a bee. I think this is actually really successful, however I'm not sure how it would work as a logo design as it has a lot of detail which could be lost when it was at a smaller scale. I think I want my logo design to be a lot more minimal as I think my brand's design will be quite modern, as most smoothie companies design their packaging as very crowded.


No comments:

Post a Comment