Monday 19 January 2015

OUGD405 Photography Induction (Studio Brief One)

In the photography induction, we were taught about how to set up a camera properly. I already knew most of this as I studied photography at college for two years, however I found it useful as I got to recap on the basics and also learn about how to take cameras and other equipment out at uni.

We were set a task to go around uni and take some interesting photographs, experimenting with the settings, such as aperture, shutter speed and ISO. On the photograph below, I mainly played around with the shutter speed. I think the image looked a lot better with more lighting as you could see a lot more detail.


On this photograph I played around with mainly the aperture, as I wanted part of the twig to be blurry. I think it's a successful image as there is a narrow depth of field.


For this one I played with the shutter speed mainly and tried to make the image as dark as possible, as the light source was really interesting to look at. I think it's a successful image and definitely looks better when edited into black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment