Saturday, 17 January 2015

OUGD405 Development of Type (Studio Brief Three)

I decided I wanted my type used in my book to be a sans serif as I think it's more informal and would work a lot more as it will be aimed at students, so therefore will fit the target audience. I started by hand writing out some of the facts. This is an example of one below.

I then put this design through illustrator and live traced it. I think the result is nice and I think it works with some of the pen missing, as it looks like the pen has been running out. However, I think I am going to try create the type using Helvetica on Illustrator as I think it's a little bit too difficult to read.

This is what I came up with on Illustrator. Personally, I think it works a lot better as it's readable, however you can tell that the person that made it is suppose to be very drunk. For this reason, this is going to be the type that I use. It's quite a time consuming process and it's tedious to tilt every letter individually, however I think in the end it will definitely be worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment