Sunday 9 November 2014

OUGD403 Relevant Posters (Studio Brief Four)

I have decided that it will help me a lot if I look at posters that already exist around 9/11 conspiracy theories, so that I have an idea of what kind of message is portrayed.  To do this, I am going to google 9/11 posters and see what comes up. Below is a poster designed by a user called Laughnmatter on wordpress. It is a poster based on the conspiracy theory that questions why the third building collapsed when a plane didn't fly into it. I think it's quite a nice poster, however it would have been better if it was made using vectors instead of bitmap, as it is quite pixelated.


This poster was designed by Kit Hinrichs to honour the first responders and victims of the 9/11 attacks. Profits made from the poster benefit the 9/11 Health Now foundation, a non-profit health programme that offers care to responders, workers, volunteers and survivors of the World Trade Centre disaster. Personally, I think the poster is incredibly simplistic, which is why it works. 


This is a poster design by Dylan Leonardo, entitled "The Day of Awakening". I think this poster is amazing and shows the view of the artist very clearly. The concept is that the Twin Towers disaster has benefitted the government, as they were then backed by the people of America to go and fight Iraq, which will lead to oil. It is shown that it is for the government's riches, as the twin towers are set out in the shape of a barcode. I think the concept behind the poster is really strong and is beautifully designed.


This is another poster that I think is really effective. The poster was designed in memory of flight 93, the plane that crashed into one of the towers. It is a photo of everyone on board. I think it's incredibly effective, as you never really put faces to the people who lost their life that day, and it really makes you think when you do. I think the design of the poster is really slick and very conceptual.


After looking through some of the posters, I think personally that I want to take my posters down the route of questioning the motives behind the government. I don't particularly believe that the US government were behind the 9/11 attacks, I'm 'open-minded' to it, and I think it would be a really interesting route to go down and research even more into. I will create multiple different developments for each poster and ask people in my class which they think is the most successful in making them really think about the possibility of a conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment