Thursday 13 November 2014

OUGD403 Research, Cranio Design (Studio Brief Four)

I had an idea of creating a poster about how the government were behind the 9/11 attacks. My idea is that I will use George W. Bush's eye, and then have the reflection of the Twin Towers within the pupil. As I don't want the eye to be life-like, I decided I would look at artists that use very minimal colours and create illustrations of eyes. Izzie told me about the artist on Behance called "Craniodsgn", who has a series of images that were exactly how I wanted my illustration to look. The website can be seen HERE with the whole series on.

I particularly liked the illustration below as the expression is incredibly explicit and is a similar style to the type of eye I would like to illustrate for my poster. I think the textures and simplistic shading really works for this illustration as it is incredibly slick.


I think this kind of expression would also look really successful for my poster as it gives off the feel of mischief, guilt and cunning. 


Cranio is a vector illustrator and graphic designer from Valencia, who works as a freelance artist. He has worked for many big clients, such as Warner Bros and Nike. His other illustrations are incredibly clean and slick, and I think they're really effective as they generally use around 2-3 colours (which is perfect inspiration for the poster I plan on designing). Some of his illustrations are quite psychadelic, such as his design of Thom Yorke from Radiohead, and a t-shirt designed entitled "Out Come The Wolves". 





No comments:

Post a Comment