Saturday 27 February 2016

OUGD503 Individual Practice, Secret 7 - Idea Generation (Studio Brief One)

I thought it would be beneficial if I tried to narrow down the possible artists that I could respond to. To do this, i made a mind map of possible ideas for each song and artist. This can be seen below.


I had quite a lot of ideas for each album, so this didn't really help me. I decided to narrow it down further with songs that I enjoy and would love to respond to. This left me with three final songs to choose from.

Dream 3 - Max Richter
Clearest Blue - Chvrches
The Less I Know The Better - Tame Impala

As my possible ideas for Chvrches and Tame Impala were quite limited, I decided it would be easiest to focus my vinyl sleeve on Dream 3 by Max Richter. I think this song is really beautiful and I love the album as a whole. I think it's an interesting song to respond to as it doesn't have any lyrics, so I will literally have to use my imagination and figure out what the song means to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment